Author Topic: Videos of my storm chasing  (Read 8944 times)

Offline supercellwish

• Rope Tornado F0
Videos of my storm chasing
« on: 27 August 2007, 01:07:47 PM »
hello everybody, I have finally been able to upload two of my storm chasing videos to the internet. Im not sure if this is the right thread to post links to them in, but Mods feel free to move it to another thread, the correct thread. If able to I'd love to upload them to ASW. I really hope you like them. The music I made myself and it 100% original, in other words I have dowloaded somebody elses loops and samples, thrown them together and called them my own. While you are checking out my videos, feel free to check out my music there too. there are 3 bitrates of the videos to choos from. 384k is the best quality and its not really worth viewing a lesser bitarte unless you have to because your dowload speed is slow. If you have say 512k down speed, it will take a little less than 1 minute to buffer the video, less time if you have faster than 512kdown speed. So yeh thats all from me 'till the stroms chasing season kicks off, which it will soon no doubt. So Enjoy!!! Here is the link

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?videos=577839&T=5822

Offline Mike

• Australian Severe Weather Moderators
  • Wedge tornado F5
  • Dry season here...boring!
    • http://StormscapesDarwin.com
Re: Videos of my storm chasing
« Reply #1 on: 28 August 2007, 05:11:01 PM »
Welcome supercellwish (may i ask your name?)  watched your video of your storm chase.  Very well put together with stills, music, timelapse and night CG slow-mo shots.  I liked it and you've captured from CU's to radar to CB's and and CG's!!  Great effort and i wish i had half as much computer nouse!  Well put together.

Mike
Darwin, Northern Territory.
StormscapesDarwin.com
Lightning Research 2010/14

Offline supercellwish

• Rope Tornado F0
« Reply #2 on: 28 September 2007, 03:57:44 PM »
Wow man thank you so much for you kind words. Not too many ppl have viewed then yet so really your the first person i dont know who has provided me with any feedback. Your words mean alot to man. I really am greatfull thank you. Im hoping I will be able to team up with some of Australias best chasers one day. Once Ive really got somthing to offer them... youknow... As for my comp skills, well they arent that great, ive just focused on a few set things. I cant prgram, I dont know what to do with met data, theres alot I want to know but sadly dont. I play real instrumeants. I play Guitar Drums and Piano. This helps me a great deal with Music. Ive also been doing it on the computer for nearly 15 years i think. Ive been plaing music though most of my life. I guess I am ultimately trying to put my 4 greatest loves together on one package. Lightning, music, video and science. If your ever in Vic give me a message and we'll go chasing. My music is available for ANYBODY's movies if they like. I just want my name on the creds and thats it. That even includes the ones that make money and you DONT even have to pay me. Just put my name in the creds. Its all about the love of it for me. Not the money. Dont get me wrong money = good coz it buys more music equip, more storm chasing equip, it keeps your car going etc lol. Its just ive never had money so dont really feel to bitter about the whole money thing. I wish could go back to barter, but then wed have no i-net :( or any tec stuff really coz ther'd be no stock markets (hoo rah!!!) to fund massive factories and their research). I feel like its dammed if you do dammed if you dont type thing with money.

So yeah thanks again Mike and Oh yes my name is Jayson Von Nagy and if ANYONE needs my music for there Chase movies, let me know and I will suply you with CD quality in either CD format or *.wav what ever you like, I can do *.ogg, *.raw. *.wma, *.mp3 but though *.ogg is good and almost lossless, *wav is better but also bigger, but if your makinng movies you prolly already know that. just incase my email is [email protected] this is also my MSN messenger address feel free to add me. Oh yes we have a large house for any one needing a stop over during a chase, though I cant see you northern guys heaading too far south for a chase hehe. Im in Drysdale just out of geelong. Got some marvelous vantage points here for photo/videography but we seldom have the Isolated thunderstorms we all like to chase. Fingers crossed for this season. Just be prepared for alot of questions if your a knowledgable person on anything. I am a sponge for knowledge on almost everything scince related, even iof remotley related. Ive also got 128/512 adsl, I use a wirelless router so youll be able to bring your machine if you like. I have large house but I only one spare double bed in the spare room, so if theres mnore than 1 of you, you would need to bring swags or foamies or what ever. We also got all the foxtel channels so plenty of Documentarys. I love my documentarys, but I really feel like ive seen nearly all foxtels now lol. So thats a serious offer people. I reckon Australian Storm Chasers should look out for each other. I feel like its the Australian way, especially when you have things in common. So I hope you all Achive your Chase goals this year. My chace goals are simple. To videograph and documeant as much lightning as possible and to track/chase as many Isolated T-storms as I can afford.

Offline Jimmy Deguara

• Australian and Tornado Alley storm chaser
  • Administrator
  • Wedge tornado F5
  • Storm Chaser since 1993, Tornado Alley 2001
    • Australia Severe Weather
« Reply #3 on: 28 September 2007, 04:25:52 PM »
Hi Supercellwish,

I viewed part of the videos some time ago but was very busy at the time. I did not have the time then to view the rest not to make comments. I was seldom on this forum then as well due to being busy.

I actually liked the video and the whole compilation. It is good to see you getting around various places to view the various events on your chase vacation and with family too yes??

Great stuff!

Regards,

Jimmy Deguara
-------------------------------------
Australian Severe Weather
www.australiasevereweather.com

Australian Thunderbolt Tours
www.thunderbolttours.com

Phone  0408 020468  (International :  61  2  408 020468)