Author Topic: VALE: Eric M Nguyen  (Read 2774 times)

Offline Mike

• Australian Severe Weather Moderators
  • Wedge tornado F5
  • Dry season here...boring!
    • http://StormscapesDarwin.com
VALE: Eric M Nguyen
« on: 17 September 2007, 09:58:25 AM »
This post moved to here for others than may wish to comment on Eric....Mike

Eric passed away? That's so terrible.  I've seen a lot of his work and he has captured some fantastic photographs - man, that's going to be a huge loss.  He was very passionate about his storm observation and his meteorological expertise will be sadly missed.  How did he pass away Vrondes?

Just found out that there's a gathering memorial service for him at the National Weather Centre in Norman, Oklahoma on Sept 22nd 2007.  Anyone in the US reading this can fill out an RSVP link to attend here at  http://www.mesoscale.ws/  There's also a foundation being set up to continue his research work and assist with other things.

I'm sure other members who know of his work or have met Eric may wish to post some fond memories of their encounters with him.  Here's a pic of him with friends courtesy of his website.

Mike
« Last Edit: 17 September 2007, 10:34:15 AM by Mike »
Darwin, Northern Territory.
StormscapesDarwin.com
Lightning Research 2010/14

Offline Jimmy Deguara

• Australian and Tornado Alley storm chaser
  • Administrator
  • Wedge tornado F5
  • Storm Chaser since 1993, Tornado Alley 2001
    • Australia Severe Weather
RE: VALE: Eric M Nguyen
« Reply #1 on: 17 September 2007, 12:21:49 PM »
I did hear through other sources and it was tragic news. I was devastated as we have lost one of our companions in the storm chasing arena. Eric was an experienced chaser and often on good targets.

I met Eric for the first time last year and it was an honour to meet with him. Kind and gentle person with some of the finest images. I had exchanged emails with him on several occasions prior to meeting him of course.

We will miss him.

Regards,

Jimmy Deguara
-------------------------------------
Australian Severe Weather
www.australiasevereweather.com

Australian Thunderbolt Tours
www.thunderbolttours.com

Phone  0408 020468  (International :  61  2  408 020468)