Author Topic: Lightning Photography Tutorial  (Read 3709 times)

Jeff Brislane

Lightning Photography Tutorial
« on: 10 July 2007, 07:04:22 AM »
Hi all,

I've recently produced a lightning photography tutorial for all those budding lightning photographers out there. It's reasonably basic so far but it has all the info you need to begin taking great lightning shots. You can find the tutorial Here.

Regards Jeff.

Offline Mike

• Australian Severe Weather Moderators
  • Wedge tornado F5
  • Dry season here...boring!
    • http://StormscapesDarwin.com
Re: Lightning Photography Tutorial
« Reply #1 on: 11 July 2007, 08:51:20 AM »
Very nicely done there, Jeff.  Well worded and easily understood.  I shall attempt your daytime advice with eagerness in November!  Well done.

Mike
Darwin, Northern Territory.
StormscapesDarwin.com
Lightning Research 2010/14

Jeff Brislane

« Reply #2 on: 25 July 2007, 03:20:26 PM »
My appologies to anyone who has tried to read this tutorial in Firefox without success. I've now fixed it up and it's working fine in both IE and Firefox allthough there are slight variations due to the obvious differences between the two browsers.

Offline vrondes

• Multi-vortex F1
« Reply #3 on: 26 July 2007, 02:13:09 PM »
Jeff, that's an easily digestible and informative insight into what we need to know in capturing lightning. The ability of DSLR's to shoot in continuous or burst mode certainly increases one's window of opportunity in photographing those missing bolts that our slow reflexes can't capture. I hope to test this procedure this summer when I finally get a DSLR. The need to use a lightning trigger , which used to waste a lot of slidefilm due to its sensor's ability to photograph embedded lightning within the cloud , will be retired if continuous mode produces the results in daylight strikes.  Again well thought out in covering the good, the bad and the ugly in lightning photography.

Cheers, Con.

« Last Edit: 26 July 2007, 04:54:02 PM by Jimmy Deguara »