Author Topic: International Journal Of Meteorology - IJMET  (Read 2485 times)

Offline Nicola

• Rope Tornado F0
International Journal Of Meteorology - IJMET
« on: 29 September 2010, 01:58:55 PM »

THE INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF METEOROLOGY (IJMet)
(Since 1975) ISSN 1748/2992

Hi Everyone :),

I am Nicola Parsons, Marketing Manager for the IJMET, based in South Wales, UK.

Below is a brief idea of what we are about:

The IJMet is the only journal where you will read about monthly tornado and other whirlwind statistics for the United Kingdom as well as international weather impacts and their cause. We are the only journal completely devoted to severe weather meteorology documentation and we are proud to be run completely by volunteers.

The Journal of Meteorology was set up in 1975 in conjunction with TORRO - The TORnado and storm Research Organisation by its founder Dr G. T. Meaden. The aim of the Journal was to document the research TORRO carried out on British tornadoes and other severe weather. As TORRO became more and more successful, so did the Journal. The Journal became a well known, prestigious magazine which documented TORRO's achievements and current meteorological research for the United Kingdom.

The aim of the Journal stays the same as it ever did in 1975 but now, the events are on an international scale, not just focussing on the UK, we intend to continue the professional academic, research content coupled with event documentation and a more interactive scope. You, the contributors and readers decide what is published - we consider any kind of paper so long as it has severe weather and meteorology as its focus. We accept short communications or longer, complex papers and we encourage interactive letters to the editor, questions, and of course your wonderful photographs and DVDs of anything weather. It is this, wide and interesting range of content material which has bred the Journal's success over these many wonderful years - continuing to be the only Journal of its kind in the world.

A completely non-profit organisation which has thrived over 35 years ... a real testimony to the dedication, commitment and passion the Journal exudes. 2010 has a lot of exciting developments in store - subscribe and be a part of this special and unique organisation.

So ;D ideally what I am looking for is anyone who is interested in writing an article or submitting photos for the journal, I must say that this is aimed at the professional through to the amateur enthusiast (Like myself). . . . You can submit an article on anything from 'A weather and Me' feature . . . just tell us all about you and what gave you your passion for severe weather !!! Right through to the technical analysis of weather patterns in Australia . . . You can even submit weather data for your region !!! . . . Really there is no limit here, unusual weather phenomenon . . . . tornado stats for Australia, or for a specific region !!!

Anyone who gets their work published will receive two free copies of the journal !!!

Vist us at www.ijmet.org/ and take a little look.

We're open to really anything being submitted and would love to include some work from Australia in our Journals, we currently have work submitted from UK, Europe, Asia and the USA, but as we all know severe weather is not limited in when and where it shows up !!!

If you are interested then please feel free to email me:

Nicola Parsons      [email protected]

Offline Nicola

• Rope Tornado F0
Re: International Journal Of Meteorology - IJMET
« Reply #1 on: 09 October 2010, 01:19:10 AM »
Also you can follow us on Twitter and Facebook . . . . . and you can also view the IJMet online . . .  for as little as £3.99GBP for 30 days subscription (individual rates) £10.99 (institution rates) !!!!!!

Here's hoping to some Autumn Storms in the UK, this year has been unseasonably quite  :-[

Offline Nicola

• Rope Tornado F0
Re: International Journal Of Meteorology - IJMET
« Reply #2 on: 04 February 2011, 02:52:09 AM »
Hi all, we are hoping to do a feature on the devestating floods in Australia recently along with an article on cyclone Yasi in the journal for possibly April/May . . . if anyone has any information or data then please feel free to contact me.

[email protected]